December 22, 2007 4:09 pm
Morgan Freeberg over at House of Eratosthenes has tagged me. I guess I’ve now arrived as a blogger! :) Anyway, here are my answers. In keeping with his tradition, the questions will be colored red and green.
1. Wrapping or gift bags?
Mix and match. Oddly-shaped gifts are pretty well suited for gift bags. When wrapping for kids, though, paper is definitely the way to go. It’s a lot more fun to rip paper than just pull a few pieces out of a bag.
2. Real or artificial tree?
I grew up with real trees, and really prefer the look and scent. However, the cost and trouble have won out, and we have an artificial tree. Pulling a pre-lit tree out of the box, putting three pieces together, and plugging it in is a lot easier than getting a real tree. Plus, we know that all our ornaments will fit!
3. When do you put up the tree?
Thanksgiving weekend, usually Friday.
4. When do you take the tree down?
The weekend after New Year’s Day.
5. Do you like egg nog?
I used to, but the older I get, the more I think it’s way too sweet.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
One year, as an “early” Christmas gift, I got a boom box (think mid-80s). It was a high-quality one - AM/FM radio, dual cassette decks, large speakers. It was stolen out of our car at church one Wednesday night. :(
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
We have a couple of versions, none an actual “scene” that you would put out on a table. We do have one in a snow globe, that you can wind up and hear a song.
8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Undergarments. Now, that’s fine, but as a kid, you’re thinking “What?!?!?”
9. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards?
Mail, on December 1st. (However, this year we were traveling, so we got them mailed late. If you’re reading this and haven’t gotten yours yet, hang on - they’re coming!)
10. Favorite Christmas movie?
It’s a Wonderful Life
11. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
December 26th! Of course, it’s not a constant thing, but we usually wrap up the major shopping by the first week in December. Again, this year has been a little different, as we were on vacation.
12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
My wife makes the best hashbrown and chicken casseroles - they’re my favorite! And, since they’re not a specific holiday food, we can have them year-round. (I put up her recipe for her cheesy sausage hashbrown casserole earlier this year.)
13. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
14. Favorite Christmas song?
I’d like to gripe about Christmas songs I can’t stand, but this is a positive question, not a negative one. :) My favorite would probably be “O Holy Night.”
Following the tradition, I’m tagging…
- Any author at The Anti-Idiotarian Rottweiler
- Rachel Lucas
- Lord Spatula I, King and Tyrant at Spatula City BBS!
- sig94 at Signal94
- Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
- Share Christmas facts about yourself.
- Tag random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
- Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.